Program Coordinator/Supervisor – Central/Western Nebraska Partnership for Students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing – ESU #9.
Bachelor’s degree in Deaf Education, three years of successful teaching experience as a teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, and ability to communicate in ASL are required. Masters degree and Nebraska Administrative Certificate is preferred. Must possess at all times during employment a Nebraska Teaching Certificate with a deaf education endorsement.
Duties include, but are not restricted to:
- Serve as the educational leader of the program
- Coordinate all aspects of the program
- Provide professional development including interpreter training
- Coordinate and facilitate student activities in collaboration with other coordinators. This includes summer camp.
- Provide consultative service to schools
- Manage lending library materials
- Manage FM loaners and technology materials
- Manage expenditures and budget
- Attend statewide meetings/in-services to represent CWNP
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with Nebraska Regional Program Coordinators, State Liaison, NDE staff, Special Education Directors, and others
Educational Service Unit 9 – Hastings, NE offers a competitive salary and benefits package. This is a two hundred ten (210) day contract offered in conjunction with the Nebraska Department of Education. Frequent over night and weekend travel is required. For more information about the position, contact Jessica Moore, Director of Special Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Call Lois for an application at 402-463-5611 or apply online at esu9.org. Position open until April 26, 2018.